The City of Morden, a vibrant, growing community of over 8,500 residents is located one hour south west of Winnipeg and enjoys all the amenities and services expected of any urban centre. The City of Morden’s Vision Statement looks for “A Community of 15,000 people by 2020”. Join with us and review our Identity Statement […]
• Work with community organizations and individuals in planning and implementing a broad range of sport, recreation and leisure programs for the City of Morden • Promote healthy living and recreation in the community • Promote public education through the coordination of courses such as babysitting, gardening and other recreationor leisure related coursesStephanie’s previous experience includes program planning and coordinating in her role as associate pastor at Morden Mennonite, where she had the opportunity to work with all ages. Other experience includes assisting in the children’s programming of the Historical Museum of St James-Assiniboia in Winnipeg, teaching music at Iglesia Nueva Vida in Toronto, and teaching English, art and music in El Tizate, Guatemala. “We all need opportunities to be active, to enjoy recreation and to build community, and I am excited to be a part of shaping that for the City of Morden. I have lots of ideas, but I am also eager to seek out ideas from the community and to partner with other organizations.” said Stephanie Dueck. “Hiring a Recreation Programmer to enhance opportunities for active living is a new solution for Council and their dedication to an active and healthy community, as outlined in the 2014 Corporate Plan,” said Community Services Director, Clare Agnew. “We are hoping to target youth and the public that are currently less active; help everyone to recognize the value of a healthy life style. Many of the minor sports programs are already well managed; we’re focusing on youth that aren’t necessarily in sports, but still need to be active.” Stephanie started her new position on February 2, 2015. Her contact details are:
Office: Access Event Centre – 111 Gilmour Street, Morden, MB Telephone: 204-822-5431- ext 223 Fax: 204-822-6619 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Morden is pleased to announce the appointment of Stephanie Dueck as the Recreation Programmer for the Community Services Department. The following responsibilities of this appointment will include: • Work with community organizations and individuals in planning and implementing a broad range of sport, recreation and leisure programs for the City of Morden • Promote […]
UPDATE: All outdoor rinks have been reopened and will resume regular maintenance. As always, for your safety please obey any signs at the outdoor rinks especially noting possible closures. Jan.23/15 Due to the warm weather, the outdoor rinks at the Access Event Center, Lions Park, and Morden Park will be temporarily closed. For your […]
-Public Outdoor Rink Locations-
The City's Parks Department currently has three outdoor rinks:
- the Access Event Centre,
- the Morden Park "Bowl", and
- Lions Park.
-Maintenance-The rinks are maintained daily, if there are any safety concerns please contact the Parks Department: 204-362-3999. If the weather is too warm for maintenance, the rinks will be temporarily closed. For your own safety, please obey any signs indicating rink closures.
The City of Morden constructs several outdoor skating surfaces in winter. These outdoor rinks are free and open for public use; Please be respectful of others while using them. -Public Outdoor Rink Locations- The City’s Parks Department currently has three outdoor rinks: the Access Event Centre, the Morden Park “Bowl”, and Lions Park. -Maintenance- The rinks are […]
- Cleaned tree may be dropped off at the Willcocks Road compost site at any time.
- City crews will also perform a single sweep of curbside pick-ups for Christmas trees. Please place your tree on the curb by 8:00 a.m. on January 13. If it is not collected by 4:30 pm on January 16, you will need to dispose of it yourself.
Christmas Tree Recycling options: Cleaned tree may be dropped off at the Willcocks Road compost site at any time. City crews will also perform a single sweep of curbside pick-ups for Christmas trees. Please place your tree on the curb by 8:00 a.m. on January 13. If it is not collected by 4:30 pm on January […]
- News Bulletin: Council to Engage Morden Residents Online
- Community Bulletin: Information from the PTH#3 Intersection – Open House
- Community Bulletin: Open House for PTH#3 Intersection Options at Pembina Connection
- Community Bulletin: PHOTOS WITH SANTA
- Community Bulletin: Morden Tree Lighting Event on Friday, Nov. 21