Lake & Campground
Lake Minnewasta Recreation Area is an exciting four-season facility that originated with the damming of the Dead Horse Creek and comes as a pleasant surprise to visitors to the area. This recreation area offers a large campground and RV park, swimming, fishing, water skiing, canoeing, sailing and hiking in the summer and cross country skiing, snowmobiling and ice fishing in the winter months. The lake is approximately 1/2 kilometre wide by 3 kilometres long.
Location: 1 mile west of Morden on Hwy #3 & 1/2 mile south on PTH #434.
Lake Minnewasta Recreation Area
C/O 100 – 195 Stephen Street
Morden, Manitoba, R6M 1V3
Lake Telephone: 204-822-4991 (Open May 15th to Sept)
Office Telephone: 204-822-5431 (Year Round)
Lake Fax: 204-822-6842 (May 15th to Sept)
Gate House Hours:
- Open May & June Thursdays 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Open May & June Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Open June 24th to Sept. 4th – daily 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Campground Office: Check-in at the campground office where basic groceries, treats, camping supplies and fire wood are available. Open daily 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Victoria Day Weekend through to Labour Day Weekend
Services Available: Services include laundry facilities, bathroom and shower facilities, sewer dump (free usage) and wifi. Note: Additional fees required for some services. Please inquire.
Swimming: Enjoy Colert Beach and the Buhler Boardwalk, accessible from the north and south side with parking at both locations. There is no swimming allowed after sundown.
Fire Rings: Most sites have fire rings, fire wood is available at the office. (Delivery available.)
Night Security: We have night security on duty from 10:00 pm to 6:00am. Quiet time begins at 11:00 pm, campers causing a disturbance may be asked to leave the campground. No refunds given.
Fishing: Pickerel, Jack/Northern Pike and Black Crappy can be found in Lake Minnewatsa.
Picnic Area: Picnicking is allowed throughout the area. Picnic tables are available in the park areas.
Walking & Cycling Path: The scenic Kinsmen Footpath starts at the north end of the campground, crosses through the beautiful Minnewasta Golf & Country Club and connects to Alvey Street in Morden. The Minnewasta Trail follows the scenic north shore of Lake Minnewasta and is a trail link to the Stanley Trail and the TransCanada Trail.
Golfing: The Minnewasta Golf and Country Club is adjacent to Morden Campground. The 18 hole golf course provides a tough challenge with beautiful scenery.
RATES & FEES: Click on this link to visit the Rates & Fees webpage.
• Quiet time is 11:00 pm to 8:00 am.
• No visitors after 11:00 pm, registered campers only.
• Liquor is not permitted off your campsite.
• Dogs must be leashed and are not permitted on the beach. Please clean up after your pets.
• We have a recycling program, please dispose of your aluminum cans, plastic bottles, glass and other garbage in the designated recycling areas.
Check in/out times: The check-in time is 2:00pm. Check out time is 12:00 pm.
Top of Page
Camp Site Attributes:
There are a total of 178 sites within the Lake Minnewasta Recreation Area. They are split into five parks. Click on the map to see a larger view.
Sites 1 to 28 – Seasonal Campsite
All sites have 30 + 15 amp service. Some have water/sewer and electric. Some are only water and electric.
Sites 29 & 30 – Short Term Campsites
These sites are unserviced.
Sites 31 to 44 – Short Term Campsites
Close to the beach, shaded campsites for small campers, tent trailers, and tents
Sites have 30 + 15 amp plugs
Upper North campground – Hesper Park
Sites 61 to 70 – Short Term Campsites
Sites 71 – 77 – Seasonal Campsites
Any size RV, NO pull through sites
All sites have 30 + 15 amp plugs
Lower North campground – Elasmo Park
Sites 78 to 99
Any size RV, Some pull through sites
All sites have 30 + 15 amp plugs
Sites can be doubled up if necessary
Sites 111 to 120 – Seasonal Campsites – Double Size
Sites 121 – 336 – Short Term Campsites (306 to 310 are double sized short term campsites)
All sites have 30 + 15 amp service
All sites are fully serviced sites
15 Unserviced sites
Overnight/Weekly/Monthly Camping Reservations:
- All camping reservations can be made by phone, internet or in person. There will be a booking deposit at the time reservations are made. Balance is due upon arrival.
- Reservation payment as follows:
- If paying by credit card (MasterCard or Visa) your # and expiry date are required. Information can be given by phone.
- Cheque – reservations must be made at least 10 days in advance; cheque must be received within three weekdays after making reservation.
- Cash – reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Interact (Debit Card) accepted at beach office.
Confirmations will be sent upon receipt of deposit (either by email, mail or fax). Please have the following information ready: arrival & departure dates; your name and telephone number; tent or trailer and if trailer, the length; and, the number of adults and children.
You must be 18 years of age or older to book a site. A responsible adult must be present at all times. Registered campers will be held accountable for the actions of their family/guests/visitors.
All campers must register at the campground office before going to their site. At that time they will receive their camping pass and an information package.
All guests are encouraged to use the parking lot closest to the site they are visiting.
A reservation will automatically hold your site until 11 am the day after your reservation arrival date. If you intend to arrive later, please call to make arrangements to continue holding your reservation. If you do not contact the office by 11 am. to advise of late arrival, you will be considered a no-show. Your fees will be forfeit and the site will be made available to the next customer.
- Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours prior to scheduled arrival date or no refund will be given.
- Cancellation (Refund) charge of $10.00 per site.
- There will be no refund for anyone being evicted or for days lost through early departure, non-arrival or late arrival.
- Refunds will not be issued in cases of inclement weather. The beach staff will make every effort to relocate campers if their campsites are unusable.
Check-in/check out Times
- The check-in time is 2 pm. Check out time is 12 pm.(noon). Earlier check-ins or later check-out times are often possible, depending on campsite availability (excluding long weekends). Please check with the camp office before your reservation arrival.
- You are allowed four adults or one family per site. A family is generally defined as a mother, and/or father, with children under the age of 18. The addition of a grandparent or similar relative is also allowed. All persons must fit into the allowable camping units.
- Each campsite is designed for one camping unit. A camping unit would be defined as a tent, tent-trailer, travel trailer, truck-camper, motor home or fifth wheel. In addition to the camping unit, and if space allows, an additional tent or tent-trailer/travel trailer is permitted if space allows at an additional cost of $14 per unit.
- 1 dining tent (not to be used for sleeping)
- 2 vehicles – ATVs are classed as a vehicle. A reminder that all vehicles (including ATVs) must display a valid vehicle pass.
- Campsite availability: non-reserved campsites are available on a first come, first serve basis. Directly following registration, the camping unit specified on the permit must be located on the camp site (camping unit means any tent, tent-trailer, camper-truck, camping trailer, fifth wheel or motor home.) Tents must be set-up. A fee of $14 will be assessed for the additional tent/or trailer.
- Vehicle Camping Passes: passes are for 2 vehicles per site. Truck-campers & motor homes are each classified as one vehicle. Any additional vehicles must pay full fee. Please note that only two vehicles will be allowed to park in each site. All other vehicles may park in the closest parking lot to your site(s). Parking passes must be displayed on the dashboard as periodic checks will be made.
- Boats: All boats using the lake facility must be registered at the gate and must display a valid pass, whether it be daily/or season. Failure to do so could result in the police being notified and a fine being assessed. Those using the boat launch before the gate is open or after the gate is closed are encouraged to buy a season pass as there will be periodic checks by the police and those not displaying a valid pass could be assessed a fine. Campers who have boats must also have a boat pass.
- April 1st – those wishing to book for a month or more
- May – 1st Monday in May for those wishing to book for a daily, weekly, monthly.
- Please email:
- Before May 15th: Call (204) 822-5431 – Monday to Friday (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- After May 15th: Call (204) 822-4991 – Daily 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard, cheque, debit (in person) or cash (in person).
- Postal Code/Zip:
- Date of Arrival:
- Number of Nights:
- Type & Length of Unit:
- Payment by:
- Date & Time of Reservation:
Lake Minnewasta is a small lake that is enjoyed by many people with different interests. Boating is a privilege, and operators should be skilled and knowledgeable in their operation. In return for the privilege of boating on this lake, it is expected that you will comply with the following rules and regulations.
- “No-wake” *** uses only are permitted on the lake before 10:00am and after 9:00pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- “No-wake” *** uses only are permitted on the lake before 10:00am after 6:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Control Gates to boat launch areas will be closed at 11:00pm and opened at 6:00am. Control gates may be closed outside of these stated hours at the discretion of campground management in order to control access for maintenance, security, or conditions which threaten water quality, or public safety.
- A maximum of six ski/jet boats are allowed on the lake at one time. These rules and regulations apply to these types of watercraft.
- Vehicles and boat trailers are to be parked in the designated parking areas only.
- Boats that create a measurable wake are required to follow the designated boating route while on the lake.
- Boats are required to stay to the left of the buoys that mark the boat launch area.
- Safe boating practices are expected to be used at all times.
The campground staff will monitor all uses of the lake as best they can; however, proper and safe use of boats as well as adherence to the above rules and regulations remains the responsibility of the boat operator. Please advise the campground office if you observe anyone contravening the above rules and regulations. All boaters are advised that any infractions of the above rules and regulations may result in the discontinuation of their boating privileges.
*** “No-wake” uses are defined as being all uses by any type of boat that do not create a measurable “wake” during the course of this use, typically associated with high speed use.
All boats using the lake facility must be registered at the gate and must display a valid pass on their trailer, whether it be a daily or season pass. Those using the boat launch before the front gate is open or after the gate is closed are encouraged to buy a season pass or buy a pass at the beach office. As an operator of a boat you are responsible for yourself, your boat, your guests and the boats around you. Remember – power boats yield to smaller vessels.
Top of Page
Boat Route Map
There are two areas at either end of Lake Minnewasta that are restricted to motorized boats, the beach area and the back of the lake. Restricting the area at the back of the lake enables the vegetation that fish use to spawn, to mature, as well as improves the water quality.
Fishing licences are available in Morden at Morden Home Hardware, Thornview Groceries and Video Visions. Worms can be purchased at Video Visions.
Morden Home Hardware
900 Thornhill St., Morden
Thornview Grocery Inc.
274 Thornhill St., Morden
Video Visions/Morden Car Wash
1-801 Stephen St., Morden